- Ideal for daily use in fast-paced environments that require short contact times and broad coverage of microorganisms.
- Bactericidal, tuberculocidal, and virucidal
- For use on hard, non-porous surfaces in hospitals and other critical care areas where control of the hazards of cross-contamination is required
- Effective against the Human Coronavirus and likely to kill SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19)
- Cleans and disinfects
- Two-year (2) shelf life
On March 13, 2020, the CDC updated their recommendations for EPA-registered disinfectants to refer to the EPA website for EPA’s List N entitled Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens and Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
- EPA-registered intermediate-level disinfectant
- Thick, strong wipe has high fluid capacity and is pliable to get into crevices and corners of equipment
- Pre-moistened wipes are ready to use
- 2 minutes
- 32 microorganisms, including Candida auris and 6 multi-drug resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Bactericidal, Tuberculocidal, Virucidal
- Quaternary ammonium and isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
- Compatible with a broad range of surfaces and equipment in healthcare
- Meets CDC, OSHA, and infection control guidelines
- Prominent contact time for easy identification and improved compliance with accreditation standards
- Categorization of pathogens allows for quick identification of relevant efficacy claims
- Icon clearly communicates key safety information on both label and lid
- Intuitive new design enables quick dispensing of a single wipe or multiple wipes
- Wide opening for rapid initial thread and reload
- Flip cap features Snap & Close Technology and definitive open/close positions to help eliminate dry out
- May be used on hard nonporous surfaces of: bed railings, blood glucose meters (glucometers), cabinets, carts, chairs, counters, dental unit instruments trays, exam tables, gurneys, isolettes, IV poles, stethoscopes, stretchers, tables, telephones, toilet seats, diagnostic equipment, patient monitoring equipment, patient support and delivery equipment, and many more! Please refer to the product/master label to get the full listing of use sites.
- Point of care accessories and tools are available to help improve staff compliance to facility protocols
- One-step cleaner and disinfectant
Where can I find the expiration date on Sani-Cloth® and Sani-Prime™ products?Show Answer
For all Sani-Cloth Germicidal Disposable Wipes and Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray, the expiration date is stamped directly on the product. Sani-Cloth Prime, Sani-Prime, Sani-Cloth AF3, Super Sani-Cloth, Sani-Cloth Plus and Sani-Cloth HB products have a shelf life of 24 months from date of manufacture. Sani-Cloth Bleach wipes have a shelf life of 11 months from date of manufacture.
Please NOTE: Product can be used until the expiration date, even after being opened.
What are the levels of disinfection for PDI EPA-Registered products?Show Answer
All of PDI’s Sani-Cloth® brand products are EPA-Registered. Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes (EPA reg number 9480-12), Sani-Prime™ Germicidal Spray (EPA reg number 9480-10), Sani-Cloth AF3 Germicidal Disposable Wipes (EPA reg number 9480-9), Super Sani-Cloth Germicidal Disposable Wipes (EPA reg number 9480-4) and Sani-Cloth Bleach Germicidal Disposable Wipes (EPA reg number 9480-8) have an efficacy claim against Mycobacterium bovis (i.e. Tuberculosis), qualifying these products as intermediate-level disinfectants. Each product exceeds the CDC’s recommendations for cleaning and disinfection in healthcare facilities. Sani-Cloth Plus wipes (EPA reg number 9480-6) and Sani-Cloth HB wipes (EPA reg number 61178-4-9480) do not have an efficacy claim against Mycobacterium bovis, which classifies these products as low-level disinfectants.
Does NFPA 30 apply to Sani-Cloth® and Sani-Prime® products?Show Answer
NFPA 30 applies to the storage of flammable and combustible liquids. PDI Sani-Cloth products, including Sani-Cloth Prime, Super Sani-Cloth, and Sani-Cloth Plus, and Easy Screen® Cleaning Wipe are exempt from the requirements of NFPA 30. This is because the scope of NFPA 30 (Section 1.1) states that it applies to the storage, handling and use of flammable and combustible liquids. Even though our products contain liquids that have been classified as flammable on the SDS, the wipes themselves are not classified as a liquid product. Rather, they are wipes impregnated with flammable liquids, even though there may be a small amount of free liquid in the bottom of the canister. According to the EPA, wipes are classified as a mixture product containing solids and liquids. The NFPA has also confirmed that wipes are not considered to be a liquid for the purposes of NFPA 30. In addition, NFPA Section 9.1.4(4) states that it does not apply to “medicines, foodstuffs, cosmetics and other consumer products that contain more than 50 per cent by volume of water-miscible liquids, with the remainder of the solution not being flammable where packaged in individual containers that do not exceed 5L (1.3 gallons) capacity.” For the above reasons, NFPA 30 does not apply to PDI products. Please verify these storage requirements against your insurance carrier requirements since they may be more stringent than NFPA 30.
Can Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipes and Sani-Prime™ Germicidal Spray ship by air transportation?Show Answer
Most Sani-Cloth brand products can be shipped via air transportation. However, Sani-Cloth Prime, Sani-Prime, Super Sani-Cloth wipes and Sani-Cloth Plus wipes cannot be shipped by air due to shipping regulations. These products are shipped via ground transportation only.
Can Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipes be used on toys?Show Answer
Sani-Cloth wipes are available in EPA-Registered formulations that are approved and labeled for use on hard, non-porous toys. The products clean and disinfect in a one-step process, unless visibly soiled. Once disinfected, toys should be rinsed with potable water (tap water) to remove any residue and allowed to air dry. According to the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), the recommended procedure for disinfecting toys is “Toys should be cleaned/disinfected between patients, especially those that are visibly soiled, mouthed, or used by patients in isolation. Toys should be washed thoroughly; disinfected with a non-toxic, low-level disinfectant and air dried completely.” Infection control experts recommend only washable toys for sharing. Stuffed animals and toys that cannot be cleaned and disinfected should not be shared.
SOURCE: APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Chapter 39, p. 14-15, Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, 2011. www.apic.org
Do Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipes and Sani-Prime® Germicidal Spray contain any ingredient listed as carcinogenic?Show Answer
Sani-Cloth Germicidal Disposable Wipes and Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray DO NOT contain any ingredients listed as a carcinogenic by the National Toxicology Program (NTP), American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This applies to ALL Sani-Cloth products, including Sani-Cloth Prime, Sani-Prime, Super Sani-Cloth, Sani-Cloth AF3, Sani-Cloth Bleach, Sani-Cloth Plus, and Sani-Cloth HB brands. To register any disinfectant product with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the manufacturer is required to provide the EPA with the product’s manufacturing process, active and inactive ingredients, efficacy, chemistry, toxicity, and information about relevant impurities. The EPA conducts a thorough review of these materials and product’s ingredients. The agency would not register any product if it contained carcinogens without requiring relevant label warnings (40 CFR 156.10(g)(7)). As such, Sani-Cloth Wipes and Sani-Prime Spray do not contain carcinogenic label warnings.
- Q1 2021 Clarivate Data
- In comparison to the weight of plastic for similar count canister format; Data on file